1stAugust 2026: Rained overnight and in the morning in Ballina. Packed up and drove to Nambucca Heads, stopping just short of Coff’s Harbour a coffee break. Our campsite is right on the Nambucca River looking out to stacked oyster crates on pontoons? harvested and waiting to be reseeded
. After setting up camp- our water leak persists and is if anything worse- we set off for the Nambucca Heads Island Golf Course. We booked a game for tomorrow at 2pm.
We then drove to various view points and beaches around Nambucca Heads, in reasonably cold and bleak conditions!
A shop in Woolworths updated our berries for our muesli.
We went back to the campsite and I saw what I think was a black-chinned honeyeater on the mangrove in front of our van with a blue eye crest, a white breast and an olive green back.
I then cooked us another mushroom risotto. We threw out the remains of the undrinkable cask of Chardonnay bought only for risotto making!
Set up Starlink and watched some ABC TV. Another day on the road!
Pied Butcherbird visiting our car when I had door open!Nambucca Heads





Comments
Post a Comment